AWM: A.G. Lighting & Production
With a gentle nod to French Country, this stately Southern soiree reminds you that a quaint garden party can still be over-the-top and opulent.
- Coco Chanel meets Gone With the Wind with a picturesque setting filled with European and vintage touches. Black and white accents, pearls, and feathers, as well as vintage-inspired lounge furniture and reception china, model this charming theme.The bride becomes a feature statement of style and breathtaking extravagance by wearing two different couture gowns during her event. Featured here is an Oscar de la Renta gown with ruched silk chiffon sweetheart bodice and ball gown skirt layered with magnificent organza petals. Its black sash belt boasts a large, rhinestone accent. The bride’s pink and purple bouquet is made with purple hydrangea, spray roses, mini callas, fuchsia, veronica, and blue thistle, wrapped in a pearl satin wrap with black accessory.
- The bridesmaid wears a long black gown with one shoulder detail. Her bouquet is an arrangement of lisianthus and spray roses.Flower girls and the ring bearer wear crisp outfits in white with black details. Each flower girl carries with her a floral pomander ball made with pink, purple, and cream mini-roses.
A wedding event with fewer guests leaves room for splurges in design and menu choices. This reception in the Wynfield Estate Conservatory showcases grand elegance in an intimate setting. Exposed brink, natural lighting, and ornate touches provide an ideal setting for a French Country affair.
The head table is set with a Wisteria Shantung tablecloth and Ecru Crinkle accent drape. A posy of roses, hydrangea, mini calla, freesia, and greenery runs down the table’s center. A trio of glass vases topped with flowers serves as the table’s centerpiece. Place settings include a mixture of French-inspired china with everyday dishware.
- The event menu begins with a classic French cheese plate of Brie, Port Salut, and Gorgonzola cheeses, presented with fresh figs, walnuts, and honey. The salad is a mix of Arugula greens and warm crusted goat cheese with lemon-tarragon vinaigrette. The soup du jour is a white asparagus bisque with black truffle oil and poached lobster, garnished with black radish and served in beautiful china teacups.The main entree includes wood-smoked rosemary and garlic-rubbed Cornish hen, served with butter braised Brussels sprouts with Bearnaise sauce. A side of roasted root vegetables: petite carrots, turnips, purple fingerling potatoes, parsnips and rutabagas are served alongside rustic herb French baguettes.
The wedding stationery is an elegant presentation of cream-colored stock with lavish purple and black calligraphy script.
Guests round out the evening with a post-meal celebration out on the back lawn. As dusk approaches, subtle lighting details, such as cafe lights and outdoor chandeliers are used to emphasize the decor’s design. Ambient lighting adds depth and texture to the overall decor, as does soft, colored up-lighting upon draperies at the stage, dessert and cake area. White paper pomander balls hang above tables covered with black and white patterned linen or Ecru Crinkle linen covered with crisp white overlays.
- The band Jilla’s Webb plays a lively mix of rock, jazz, r&b, and dance tunes as guests enjoy after dinner cocktails. Signature drinks include raspberry lavender-infused vodka martinis, grape vodka Jell-O shooters, and French kiss champagne cocktails, which are a blend of champagne and Chambord, topped with cotton candy. Dessert offerings include pots de creme au chocolat; white chocolate creme brulee; lemon mousse tart in a glass; hazelnut napoleons; French macaroons in four flavors; and rustic pear galette with caramel sauce.The bride’s cake four-tiered cake features three layers of Mexican chocolate cake and one vanilla layer. Pecan-praline buttercream icing is covered by a thin layer of fondant, which is textured around the cake’s tiers. Details include edible pearls pressed into buttercream dots, black miniature fondant flowers, and black fondant band. Cameo appliques, swags and tassels of piped buttercream, and protruding sugar flourishes and topper to give this cake its decidedly genteel finish.
- Bridal Gown: Oscar de la Renta – Ivory & White Boutique
Bridal Gown: Karen Hendrix Couture
Bride Model: Catherine Tucker Boyd
Bridesmaid Gown, Children’s Attire: Bella Bridesmaid
Bridesmaid Model: Alexa Dillard
Cake: Gia’s Cakes
Catering: A Catered Affair
Draping, Event & Lighting Design: A.G. Lighting & Production
Flower Girls: Alaya & Brooklyn Robbins
Furniture/Accessories: A.G. Lighting, Event Rentals Unlimited
Hair: Holly Caffee
Linen: BBJ Linen, Cloth Connection, Party Tables
Makeup: Chi Peoples
Music & Entertainment:Jilla Webb
Photographer: Arden Photography
Ring Bearer Model: Brody Robbins
Stationery & Paper Pomanders: Weddings Etc.
Table Settings: Bromberg’s
Venue: Wynfield Estate Conservatory